Friday, October 22, 2010

Yael's Chocolate Lamington

Purchased at Thomas Dux in Armadale
Price - $1.95
Consumption - 6pm, nothing like a pre-gym lamington snack
Score - 7.5/10

The first time I had a Yael's lamington (pre LL), I think it may have been sitting around for a bit, and it was not as fresh as it could have been - I felt like I needed to give them a second chance - such a sacrifice.
Anyway, I am very glad I did.  The sponge was lovely and moist and almost chewy, i think it might be more of a butter/maderia cake than a traditional sponge - excellent idea, i think i might have to try that!  The chocolate was like a ganache, not too sweet, but nice and thick, and as you can see the shredded coconut tops it off - delicious, and just the perfect size given the richness of the cake part.

I've looked Yael's up online and it would appear they make a name for themselves baking delicious looking things, including some "new" salted caramel mini tarts - I might have to find an excuse to try those sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment