Monday, October 18, 2010

Mr McQueen Raspberry Lamington

Purchased at Mr McQueen in Prahran/Armadale, Melbourne
Price - $2.40 (I think it
Consumption - 1pm
Score - 8/10
I haven't mentioned until now that raspberry lamingtons are my favourite - but they are, I think it has something to do with raspberry being sort of jamish, and I like jam quite alot (altho not plum jam as it is not real jam, it is just a way of preserving fruit in a mushed up sugary format - just one of my rackets, anywho...)

So back to the lamington at hand - a good example of how to differentiate your lamington - cut your sponge in half and stick it back together again with jam (yay!) before jellying and coconuting it.

The sponge was nice and light (and really tasty) and very fresh, the jam filling was strawberry (tick), there was a great covering of jelly, and the coconut as you can see is the shredded kind - yum!

The size was smaller than the average lamington, but just the right size to go with my afternoon cup of tea!

I have tried to find a web address to Mr McQueen, but since they've just opened, they might not have one, so if you feel like good lamington, good coffee, and breakfast (including toast with jam (yay!) made in house and served to you in the preserving jar it was made in) head to this (physical) address: 
Mr McQueen, 465 High St, Prahran (and they're closed on Mondays)

PS I would just like to reference the use of the oxford comma above as it was mentioned on Triple R breakfasters this week, and I'm with Jess McGuire that it should be used more :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma

    No comments:

    Post a Comment