Saturday, October 2, 2010

Welcome

Hi Anyone


Inspired by my good buddy Anna, I've decided to start a blog about something I feel I am an excellent judge of, and also am very enthusiastic about - the humble lamington. 


The lamington has questionable origins, claimed by Australians to be named being invented in Queensland and named after Lord Lamington (the 8th Governor of Queensland in the late 1800's), but like many things Australia claims as it's own, it was just as likely invented in NZ as suggested in other readings.  


Regardless, the lamington in both NZ and Australia both uses the same concept - sponge cake inside a (often chocolate) flavoured shell, coated in coconut.


Lamingtons can be found at all good bake sales, and are creeping back into fashion again in good cafes and posh hotels as high tea becomes more popular again - yippee!


Anywho, this is a ledger, although not for the purposes of recording business transactions, but rather the recording consumptive actions - and besides I like alliteration.


Yours coated in coconut,
wb

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous idea!
    Someone I know once gifted me a particularly good specimen from an establishment in Armadale. I look forward to seeing it officially captured (lodged?) here sometime soon!
    Will be watching this space with interest :)

    ReplyDelete